Monday, October 18, 2010

Nac-o-somewhere

Forgot how much I enjoy the Piney Woods in fall.
DK, the boys and I went to Tyler and Nacogdoches this weekend for the SFA game. Some of the red oaks were already starting to turn colors.
I am constantly amazed by the depth and hues that nature gives us each fall. And the past two years here in Tejas have been amazing! The two red oaks in my front yard were awesome last autumn. Waiting for them to turn this year and hoping the red is as vibrant as last year.
Back to the Piney Woods. It is really peaceful driving in late afternoon. Color changes at 4 stories high. Slow swaying at tree top levels.
And no friggin' highway jam-ups on two-lane Texas highways! That's what I'm talking 'bout!
Maybe I should work for Texas Highways magazine. Then I could be on those lonely, peaceful, picturesque roads more often....well, at least until it's time to go home to DK and the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment