Friday, October 29, 2010

Supposed to was?

Today is one of those weird days. Too much I need to do, too much work to do to get to what I need to do. ;-)
Anyway, I was all set to head south to Alice, Texas, this morning for work. Yeah, I know, real exciting right? The goal was to get there and back by 4pm since the boys would be home from school for about an hour by themselves. Plus, their teacher Momma has to work a school function tonight.
So right out of the box this morning I am checking bank balances (payday) and what do I find? No transfers moved like I had them scheduled. And somehow, Chase Bank, in its infinite wisdom would not let me move money around online. I don't know about all of you, but Chase really hacks me off at times because they freeze your online account access, etc., all the time with no warnings.
Well, that pretty well killed my work plans, because now I had to stick around and wait until 9am when the dang branch bank opened up (although I did call Chase customer service promptly at 7am and give them an earful).
The customer service phone rep was nice and apologetic, but she still could not fix the original culprit of the problem: Gold's Gym.
Moral of this story alert: NEVER sign a contract with Gold's, any other gym or tanning place, and and NEVER let them auto-debit from your account or debit card. I cancelled Gold's last month and those turkeys have the audacity to pull the electronic bank routing information off my cancelled debit card (which I did to stop them) and then attach to my new debit card, which I DID NOT provide to them. I have my signed cancellation agreement and final payment receipt, which I had to pay to get the cancellation agreement. AND to top it off, they CANNOT provide me with the signed copy of my original contract. So really, they are illegally and fraudulently billing me for services no longer wanted, provided or contracted for.
This is why I am not on the road to lovely (sarcasm intended) Alice, Texas, for work, and instead have been home having to do more work that was not planned for today to resolve this sorry situation.
As of press time (right now), Gold's is still #1 on my sh-t list and once my attorney Eddy B. gets done drafting the cease & desist letter, I will be headed to the post office to certify 5 copies of this mailing to Gold's and its cronies.

If you feel the need to work and work out, do it at home. Don't do it at Gold's. Google them for billing and contract practices. You'll see what I mean and never want to set foot in there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment